Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security.
- Configure routers on the network perimeter with Cisco IOS Software security features.
- Configure a Cisco IOS zone-based firewall to perform basic security operations on a network.
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features.
- Configure IPS on Cisco network routers.
- Configure LAN devices to control access, resist attacks, shield other network devices and systems, and protect the integrity and confidentiality of network traffic.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Cisco Certified Network Associate Course (CCNA).
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Introduction to Network Security Principles
- Perimeter Security
- Network Security Using Cisco IOS Firewalls
- Site-to-Site VPNs
- Network Security Using Cisco IOS IPS
- LAN, SAN, Voice, and Endpoint Security Overview